This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2007-10-04

Item 3: The War of LU1812

My fairly new Acer laptop came with a trial of Norton Internet Security 2007.

When I run LiveUpdate it generates the world-famous LU1812 error message. So I follow the links and their support website tells me to wait two weeks and try again.

Link: "...wait two weeks and then run LiveUpdate again."

I've been waiting about two months.

If I follow the link to the next option, it tells me to uninstall the stupid thing! That's it, they just give up.

Link: "...double-click the Norton Removal Tool icon."

Idiots!!

No comments: