This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2007-12-20

Go Away NIS'07!

Today is the day. I'm off for Xmas holidays for 17 days in a row. This should be just about enough time to get the desktop back in shape.

Tonight I slipped the NIS'07 CD into the drive and (after waiting) clicked Uninstall. After thrashing and threatening and generally carrying on, it eventually locked-up solid about 1cm into the 10cm long progress bar. Seized up solid.

To make sure, I put the cursor on the progress bar to mark its position, and then went away to have dinner. I came back, no progress.

Hard reboot. Crash and burn. One sick puppy.

To be continued...

No comments: