This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2007-12-20

Go Away part 2...

Okay, the first deSymantecing didn't go so well. Apparently their Uninstall routines aren't exactly written by coding experts.

But, I have a Plan B already in mind. Using another computer (my laptop, everyone using Symantec products really should have a spare PC on standby), I downloaded the Symantec Removal Tool from their website. I moved the file across from the laptop to the desktop using a USB memory stick.

Clicky-clicky and off it goes. At one point it makes me type in some graphical letters to make sure that I'm a human. One can't be too careful...

A little while and a reboot later, Symantec Notron Internet Security 2007 is apparently gone.

To be continued...

No comments: