This blog is primarily concerned with NIS 2007 (and a bit on NIS 08). I have nothing to say about more recent versions.

This blog is more or less dormant (except for occasional comments on related news), and is being left on-line as a historical record and perhaps as a warning to future generations of anti-virus coders.

2008-06-06

Repeated Activation

A few posts back, I reported that NIS07 experienced a license issue and it made me re-Activate the product (which I did, although not reported here).

Well, this morning it wanted to be reactivated again. It took a couple of minutes and it seems to be happy again.

It is worth noting that we don't do anything out the ordinary with this laptop. Surf the web and similar activities. It is not as if I'm hacking the registry or anything like that. So these problems are arising from within the Symantec software, or possibly due to Windows updates. These are not 'user issues' in any reasonable sense.

No comments: